Bell County Academics
It is our hope that students, parents and faculty utilize this page to access the most current information concerning the Academic Opportunities/Programs, Achievements, and Instructional Curriculum Resources.
- FCCLA - Family, Careers and Community Leaders of America is a student organization offered at Bell County High School. Bell County High School's groups is one of the most successful chapters across the state. The sponsor is Mrs. Rosemary Jones.
- GEAR UP - Bell County School District received a grant to help work with our students to GEAR UP for college. Trisha Long is the Academic Specialist working in the program.
- Junior Beta and Beta - Junior Beta (offered at some elementary schools) and Beta at BCHS is a club to promote character, achievement. leadership and service with our students.
- MATHCOUNTS - MATHCOUNTS is a foundation that provides engaging math programs to U.S. middle school students of all ability levels in order to build confidence and improve attitudes towards math and problem solving. Some of our K-8 school centers participate in the MATHCOUNTS program to help build math skills with our students.
- National History Day - This is a program that helps engage students and teachers in historical research and skill development. There are several schools across the district who participate in this program.
- Robotics - This program helps students to develop and refine their skills in coding.
- Science Olympiad -This helps students utilize their scientific reasoning in multiple science concepts through extremely creative competitions.
- Spelling Bee - The district annually hosts an elementary and middle grades level Spelling Bee. The middle grades winner goes on to the state Kentucky Derby Spelling Bee competition.
- STLP - The Student Technology Leadership Program is a program that uses project based learning by students as they use technology.
- Storytelling - The district annually hosts a Storytelling event for elementary, middle and high school students to write their own original story and then perform it for an audience.